Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3026732

Subject: "Big Sean - Detroit 2" Previous topic | Next topic
murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 01:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Big Sean - Detroit 2"

I was never the biggest Big Sean fan, but this is a dope project and it helped me to realize a few things in comparison to the "others" (kenny, cole, drake)

He has an ability to switch flows and speeds effortlessly. Technically, as a rapper, I don't think many are as skilled at that as he is right now. It's not like he's complex or hard to follow, but it'll seem like he's having a conversation and before you know it you're bobbing your head because he's switched cadence on you, and you're grooving. To me, right now, he raps better than Drake.

He's efficient. I wouldn't say that they are all-world quotable bars, but there ain't much filler, he's always saying *something*. Maybe it's always been like that, but I found myself listening. like, really listening to what he's saying, and i appreciate that he wasn't wasting my time. Not that Cole is a time waster to me, but project for project, it feels like less filler on this one, for me at least.

I still feel like Kenny got him beat due to creativity, but it's a lot closer now than i would have admitted earlier.

anyway, it's a dope album, check it out

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Big Sean - Detroit 2 [View all] , murderbear, Fri Sep-04-20 01:12 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
overlong and boring as shit... he's just mediocre all around, like a
Sep 06th 2020
I'm a fan now
Sep 06th 2020
RE: Big Sean - Detroit 2
Sep 06th 2020
I want Big Sean to be great
Sep 08th 2020