Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3025573

Subject: "It's odd how much talent is required to be wack..." Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Sat Jul-04-20 07:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"It's odd how much talent is required to be wack..."
Sat Jul-04-20 07:03 PM by obsidianchrysalis

Like, take your average 'wack' rapper. Someone noticed the rapper had some talent, and likely the musician had to spend hours and weeks and months and years on developing a style and then get seen and spend months if not longer recording music. Hustle and drive were required to form professional relationships within the music industry. And enthusiasm and persistence had to be summoned to talk to media members and perform on tour.

And this is all to put out some two or three-star album that becomes a thing for a week and then is forgotten.

I say all of this to say that the margin between a great artist and a guy who 'ends up working for UPS' (c) Biggie is more slight than it seems.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

It's odd how much talent is required to be wack... [View all] , obsidianchrysalis, Sat Jul-04-20 07:02 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
sometimes super talented/dedicated dudes get nowhere
Jul 05th 2020
That too. Very true.
Jul 05th 2020
It's All About Who You Know In The Industry, Not How Good You Are
Jul 06th 2020
now more than ever, the most crucial trait to have is persistence
Jul 06th 2020
I don't know if it's really "talent." But it certainly takes work ethic.
Jul 06th 2020
packaging...and how it is fed to you..
Jul 06th 2020

Lobby The Lesson topic #3025573 Previous topic | Next topic