Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3021835

Subject: "New Van Hunt + He remade his debut album" Previous topic | Next topic
BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Sat Feb-01-20 02:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Van Hunt + He remade his debut album"
Sat Feb-01-20 02:57 PM by BlakStaar

His newest release, "gram," is inspired by Instagram. It dropped on January 5, 2020:
https://vanhunt.bandcamp.com/album/gram
"to promote my last tour i arranged a song for each region we would be visiting. i gave a nod to the region by referencing an artist from that region, or a familiar part of the region, within the song. because the instagram format only allowed for :60 video posts, the collection really took on the shape of the gram and those restrictions. the album artwork only includes posts from the 'gram'."

When I got the Bandcamp email release about "gram" last month, I realized he dropped an album in April 2019 called "TRIM." Basically, he remade his debut album. It's pretty dope.

https://vanhunt.bandcamp.com/album/trim
Revisiting these songs wasn’t the nostalgia trip one might imagine.
“Fifteen years is not that long ago – and yet, at the pace we live our lives, many, many things have happened in that time. And those things forced me to look at the songs like an empty room after a toddler has left it. You can almost hear the child’s voice ringing in your ears,” explains Van Hunt.

“There are things that have happened to me in the last 15 years that seem to make sense only when I look back and sing the words to my first record. It seems like they were written to explain the aftermath of what was to come.”

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

New Van Hunt + He remade his debut album [View all] , BlakStaar, Sat Feb-01-20 02:56 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
man I need him to work with Brittany Howard stat
Feb 01st 2020
THAT would be a great idea.
Feb 01st 2020
Thanks for sharing this.
Feb 01st 2020
fifti
Feb 10th 2020
FUCK YEAH.
Feb 10th 2020
I keep seeing this...but I haven’t listened