Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3017623

Subject: "Kanye's 5 albums of 2018 taken as a whole piece of art" Previous topic | Next topic
Zarathuckya
Charter member
2360 posts
Thu Aug-08-19 03:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Kanye's 5 albums of 2018 taken as a whole piece of art"

Has anyone here tried playing these back to back to back to back to back? Someone has them as a whole playlist on Spotify as "G.O.O.D Summer". I've been thrashing it. Though I'm not sure people have attention spans that long these days

It's a cohesive piece of hip hop, a 36 track "album" by the same producer and 5 different MCs. Each MC puts their own quirk on it

The beats are by the same producer, created as far as I can tell around the same time while he was at his place in the Wyoming, or as he said, "chopping beats from the sunken place".

One thing I like is how the last track of each "album" transitions smooth to the beginning of the next one

There's cool little bits that overlap across the different projects e.g. Slick Rick vocal samples pop up on the Ye "album" on No Mistakes then again on the Nasir "album" on Cops Shot the Kid... And then I think Nas or Ye makes further Slick Rick references at another point.

Pusha T resurrects again on the first verse on the Kid Cudi "album"

Cool things like that

The correct order I believe goes

1) Pusha T
2) Ye
3) Cudi
4) Nas
5) Teyana

So that's my recommendation. Take it as a whole piece. Banger after banger with very few skippers

Peace

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Kanye's 5 albums of 2018 taken as a whole piece of art [View all] , Zarathuckya, Thu Aug-08-19 03:00 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Oh no.
Aug 08th 2019
118 Minutes and 4 Seconds of Boredom
Aug 08th 2019
Yea there's like maybe 5 songs worth repeating out of that whole mess.
Aug 08th 2019
lol i enjoyed 3/5 of the albums
Aug 08th 2019
One large piece of poop is better than 5 small pieces of poop
Aug 12th 2019
      So You're Saying This Is Mr. Hankey In Audio Form?
Aug 13th 2019
i only play the Pusha and Ye/Cudi joints
Aug 08th 2019
That's a good idea. The ye/cudi albums could have been one album
Aug 08th 2019

Lobby The Lesson topic #3017623 Previous topic | Next topic