Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3014790

Subject: "RE: Why Madlib Left Stones Throw + His Disdain for Multi-Tracks" Previous topic | Next topic
BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Fri Mar-22-19 08:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Why Madlib Left Stones Throw + His Disdain for Multi-Tracks"
In response to In response to 0

The Ambrosia piece mentions that the mixing on the Lootpack album was the beginning of Madlib not fucking with multis.

And just so y’all know, this PB Wolf interview with QS nearly culminates my questioning about Madlib’s departure, which I weighed on heavily in this thread:
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3012168&mesg_id=3012168&listing_type=search

I was practically talking to myself thoughrout the topic, but someone suggested Madlib’s use of sampling was a big issue.

PB Wolf doesn’t answer all the questions but this is the most I’ve heard him talk about the issues at the label, Madlib leaving.

And I can’t believe Rawkus was interested in buying Stones Throw. Glad that didn’t happen!

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Why Madlib Left Stones Throw + His Disdain for Multi-Tracks + Rawkus [View all] , BlakStaar, Fri Mar-22-19 08:34 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I'd heard about the multi-track thing back in the day
Mar 23rd 2019
Just recently with Dr. Dre as well
Mar 23rd 2019

Lobby The Lesson topic #3014790 Previous topic | Next topic