Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3010221

Subject: "artists you subliminally compare in your mind " Previous topic | Next topic
SsenepoD
Member since Nov 13th 2007
4331 posts
Mon Oct-08-18 02:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"artists you subliminally compare in your mind "

I've been running back some of my favorite albums from the year to sort of narrow down my go to playlists & noticed I had Black Milk's "Fever" & Oddisee's "Iceberg" running back & forth.

Then it hit me - I've always sort of paired them together throughout their career. i got into their music at about the same time, they were producing random cuts for other artists I liked, I felt they were better beatmakers than producers (& rappers). they put out projects I liked, their production really evolved every time out, they got so much better as rappers. every year they've ended up in my favorite projects. I realized I always sort of compared them to each other, in a sense of seeing them on the same kind of path.

others I do it bc of an intertwined past (Thurz & YO from UNI for example), or curren$y & whiz. etc.

Any artists like that for yall?

http://www.2amDonuts.bandcamp.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

artists you subliminally compare in your mind [View all] , SsenepoD, Mon Oct-08-18 02:40 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: artists you subliminally compare in your mind
Oct 08th 2018
Radiohead and Coldplay
Oct 08th 2018

Lobby The Lesson topic #3010221 Previous topic | Next topic