Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2977901

Subject: "R.I.P. David Mancuso" Previous topic | Next topic
Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Tue Nov-15-16 03:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"R.I.P. David Mancuso"

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/obituary/7573724/david-mancuso-house-dj-nyc-underground-dies-72

David Mancuso, DJ and founder of New York City's legendary invite-only parties, later known as The Loft, has died. He was 72.

Mancuso pioneered the idea of underground private parties in New York in the early 1970s as an alternative the the city's commercial nightclub scene. After launching his first major loft party called "Love Saves The Day" in 1970, his events quickly took off and became a haven for exciting dance music in the city.

In 2005, Mancuso was inducted into the Dance Music Hall of Fame.

Craig Shifty, owner of Kid Recordings, posted to Facebook on Monday (Nov. 14) announcing Mancuso's death.

"David was more than just a seminal, influential and elusive figure in the development of DJing and NYC underground club culture, he was FAMILY - a friend and mentor," Shifty wrote. "My heart is broken. He will GREATLY missed but, thankfully, he left the world a lasting vibrant legacy that continues to inspire and influence countless generations of music lovers and clubbers...and what a gift that is!!"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

R.I.P. David Mancuso [View all] , Shogun, Tue Nov-15-16 03:58 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Rest In Peace To The Dj's Dj, David Mancuso
Nov 15th 2016
absolutely.
Nov 16th 2016
RE: R.I.P. David Mancuso
Nov 17th 2016
there's some good passages in
Nov 18th 2016
RIP