Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2971795

Subject: "the crowd was tough / but peeeps were hype" Previous topic | Next topic
maro
Charter member

5. "the crowd was tough / but peeeps were hype"
In response to In response to 4
Sat Aug-27-16 03:01 PM by maro

The crowd was unexpectedly HYPE , but expectedly annoying. Put it this way, you don't wanna fuck with philly girls.... Felt like all of the south philly, NE philly and kensington was there in drunk ass fashion and sloppy.

Also, that 5 minute rain song from ashanti was cringe worthy at best, and the hype man and back up dancer re-creating a domestic violence scene behind ashanti for the entire song while images of BTM and president obama on the screen were nothing short of short-sighted and slightly ignorant. I left shortly after that. I really wanted to stick it out for 'Always on Time" but just couldn't take any more. I was at my limit at 45 minutes.

They got everyone in the building knowing all the lyrics to all the songs, so just tighten up your money grab show a bit.. leave out popular social warrior politics that don't feel like you thought through enough to project and just go out and perform your shit.

Vocals were hit or miss. Ashanti was reaching for those notes (I remember okp roasting her forever re: lack of singing talent). Ja sounded better overall but his voice is, well you know.

shit was novelty for sure, so nothing here too surprising.

werd.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ja Rule / Ashanti Live - Fuck it, I'm going [View all] , maro, Thu Aug-25-16 03:48 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Haha nice.
Aug 25th 2016
I couldn't do it. That era is still fresh in my mind and I hated them.
Aug 26th 2016
that shit was 16 years ago?? jeeeeeezus
Aug 26th 2016
i went
Aug 27th 2016
      seems like it was murda
Aug 27th 2016
      lmao
Aug 28th 2016

Lobby The Lesson topic #2971795 Previous topic | Next topic