Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2909297

Subject: "Fugazi 1988 demo streamed linked yep, those men" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13991 posts
Fri Nov-14-14 11:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Fugazi 1988 demo streamed linked yep, those men"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stream-fugazis-raw-first-demo-cassette-from-1988-20141114

Stream Fugazi's Raw 'First Demo' Cassette From 1988

The release contains songs the band would re-record throughout its career

By Kory Grow | November 14, 2014

Fugazi recorded their first demo recording in 1988, which they distributed on cassette for free at concerts at the time, and now they are officially putting it out. In advance of its release date next week, the newly remastered First Demo is now streaming in its entirety below. It will be available on CD and vinyl; the LP includes an MP3 download card.

The post-hardcore ensemble had recorded the demo at Arlington, Virginia's Inner Ear Studios in January 1988 after having played only 10 shows, because they wanted to hear what they sounded like. The demo contains raw and reverberating versions of material that would later appear on the band's first two EPs, which came out in 1988 and 1989, as well as its debut LP, Repeater, and 3 Songs EP in 1990.

The group would later record the demo's "Furniture" for its Furniture EP in 2001, released a week before its most recent album, The Argument. "The Word" appeared on the compilation 20 Years of Dischord. The band is currently on hiatus.

The only track from the recordings to get an official release was "In Defense of Humans," which appeared on the 1989 compilation State of The Union, a currently out-of-print album whose sales benefited two causes at the time: the American Civil Liberties Union and the Community for Creative Non-Violence. Although the group circulated the tape at the time, the new release marks the first time all 11 tracks have been available in one place, since they left off "Turn Off Your Guns" at the time.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Fugazi 1988 demo streamed linked yep, those men [View all] , c71, Fri Nov-14-14 11:55 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I remember...
Nov 15th 2014
RE: I remember...
Nov 15th 2014
      RE: I remember...
Nov 15th 2014
Sonic Highways reminded me about them
Nov 15th 2014

Lobby The Lesson topic #2909297 Previous topic | Next topic