Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2872145

Subject: "Prince Po & Oh No - Animal Serum" Previous topic | Next topic
Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2580 posts
Mon Feb-24-14 06:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Prince Po & Oh No - Animal Serum"

Anybody been listening to this? Any thoughts?

Between E&J, Oxymoron, and LordSteppington, it's hard for me to give this album a real thorough listening, but I'm enjoying what I'm hearing.. Mainly because it's nice to have Prince back over some dirty beats.

Can't say this is my favorite Oh No production, but I am glad he had a chance to do a whole project for a quality emcee.. No tag teaming with Madlib or ALC. On initial impressions of the above listed current albums, I'd have to say both his Gangrene partner and his Soundclash rival both have better fully produced albums. I know Ev did one song for Step Bros, but it's just one.

PO and Oh have good natural chemistry in terms of a similar sonic aesthetic: stylish and sophisticated yet ugly and imperfect. But I can't help but feel a little disappointed by the final product.

Safari doesn't even sound like himself.. Kinduva Snoopish delivery, though a nice little verse. It is good to know he is working again after those reports of his poor health.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Prince Po & Oh No - Animal Serum [View all] , Original Juice, Mon Feb-24-14 06:11 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Prince Po & Oh No - Animal Serum
Feb 24th 2014
Definitely worth a listen..
Feb 24th 2014
Saafir not Safari
Feb 24th 2014
dig this, be back after more listens n/m
Feb 24th 2014
I mentally autocorrected and read Defari. Ha ha.
Feb 24th 2014
I didnt even know this existed...thanks.
Feb 24th 2014
Copped yesterday
Feb 24th 2014
I Heard A Few Songs But Still Curious To How The Album Sounds
Feb 25th 2014

Lobby The Lesson topic #2872145 Previous topic | Next topic