Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2864508

Subject: "If we win a Grammy for Best Rap Album, hip-hop is going to be heated" Previous topic | Next topic
Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Tue Jan-07-14 03:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"If we win a Grammy for Best Rap Album, hip-hop is going to be heated"

How do y'all feel about this? Will hip-hop be pissed if Macklemore & Ryan Lewis win for best rap album?

Macklemore: "If We Win a Grammy, Hip-Hop is Going To Be Heated"

BY JORDAN SARGENT | JAN 7, 2014 | 2:58 PM

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are up for Best Rap Album at January 26's Grammy Awards. In a new interview with The Source, Mack addresses what happens if he, you know, wins.

We’re up against Kendrick, who made a phenomenal album. If we win a Grammy for Best Rap Album, hip-hop is going to be heated. In terms of , I think it should go to Kendrick. He’s family. TDE is family, and I understand why hip-hop would feel like Kendrick got robbed .

He then insinuates that maybe the duo's breakthrough album The Heist should win Album of the Year: "I would love to win in a different category. We obviously had massive success on commercial radio, and I think that, in ways, The Heist was a bigger album, but Kendrick has a better rap album."

Macklemore is right that plenty of hip-hop fans would disagree with The Heist beating out good kid, m.A.A.d city, Yeezus, Nothing Was the Same, and Magna Carta Holy Grail. Kanye West, as interviewer Kim Osorio posits, would more than likely have something to say.

But for as vaunted as his outsider status is, plenty of hip-hop stars have embraced Macklemore as he's ascended to the top of pop music. That includes Kanye himself. Well, kinda.

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/01/macklemore-the-source-interview-grammy

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

If we win a Grammy for Best Rap Album, hip-hop is going to be heated [View all] , Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Tue Jan-07-14 03:55 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I think he's completely right
Jan 07th 2014
hell i expect them to win AOTY.
Jan 07th 2014
Well, he's right. GKMC is the much better album
Jan 07th 2014
I don't think that's what he meant
Jan 07th 2014
      Okay, fair enough. I can see that.
Jan 07th 2014
be more heated if he won at the BET hiphop awards
Jan 08th 2014
Nice of him to admit that, he's 100% right
Jan 08th 2014
I can understand Kendrick or Macklemore winning this award
Jan 08th 2014
do grammys even matter any more?
Jan 08th 2014
The non-televised awards still matter but otherwise...
Jan 08th 2014

Lobby The Lesson topic #2864508 Previous topic | Next topic