Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2857799

Subject: "Because it didn't make enough money," Previous topic | Next topic
imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Sat Nov-23-13 05:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Because it didn't make enough money,"
In response to In response to 1

probably operated at a loss, and they are dumping it now with the hopes that this new concert shit will turn a profit for their investors or else the whole thing will go kaput.

They are part of the reason the whole field went to shit, because they sold stupid investors on the profitiability of the platform, which in turn raised the publishing flag which raised the cost to do such a service that only a funded company like them could operate, but even then as it's clear not at the profits needed to warrant not having to look for a new revenue stream.

It sucks fucking ass because people caved to laws regulating a type of service which didn't need be so strictly regulated.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

And another one bites the dust: Turntable.fm is folding (SWIPE) [View all] , mrhood75, Sat Nov-23-13 02:28 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
FUCK! why dont they just pass it off to someone?
Nov 23rd 2013
that seemed quick...or maybe i was late joining
Nov 23rd 2013
Turntable.fm is back from the dead — and now there are two (Verge)
Mar 07th 2021

Lobby The Lesson topic #2857799 Previous topic | Next topic