Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2840415

Subject: "Many Moons: Janelle's Metropolis Storyline discussion/breakdown" Previous topic | Next topic
imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Fri Sep-13-13 12:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Many Moons: Janelle's Metropolis Storyline discussion/breakdown"

Calling this Many Moons because I think that video to date has been the clearest representation of what the broadstroke theme of the world she's created is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgbzNHVg0c

This is my basic understanding:

In the future android technology has gotten really good, to the point were they have the appearance of human beings. As such they become used for all manner of thing by those who can afford them. Except of course they start becoming self aware and not really appreciating how they are treated.

Seems there's a specific model number where this happens. Out of that set of models someone creates an entertainment bot Cindy, who everyone loves including the androids. But there's a revolution brewing from androids that are tired of their objectification.

Cindy ends up joining the revoloution and becoming the prophecized archandroid.

That's just my take on what I've heard an seen in the music/videos. Apparently there are more details elsewhere so feel free to add and correct.

"Chrome don't shine itself!"

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Many Moons: Janelle's Metropolis Storyline discussion/breakdown [View all] , imcvspl, Fri Sep-13-13 12:06 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i'll def come back to this in a few days
Sep 14th 2013
Ditto n/m
Sep 14th 2013
Been listening to it a lot of late...
Oct 06th 2013
I love her, love both albums, really do
Oct 06th 2013
I don't get how the new record fits at all.
Oct 06th 2013
The one thing you're conveniently forgetting in all of this
Oct 07th 2013
      http://www.janellemonae.com/press/JanelleMonae_ElectricLady_iTunelYRICS....
Oct 07th 2013
           You're asking questions as if you didn't read the liners
Oct 07th 2013
                I never read the ArchAndroid liners
Oct 07th 2013
hmmmm... i think it's making sense now (swipe)
Oct 07th 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2840415 Previous topic | Next topic