Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2800359

Subject: "George Jones dies at 81. RIP." Previous topic | Next topic
Virgenes Corazon
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
2985 posts
Fri Apr-26-13 09:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"George Jones dies at 81. RIP."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/music/Country+music+legend+George+Jones+dead/8299898/story.html

NASHVILLE - Country Music Hall of Famer, Grand Ole Opry member, and Kennedy Center Honoree George Glenn Jones died early Friday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., the singer's PR company said in a statement. He was hospitalized April 18 with fever and irregular blood pressure.

Born Sept. 12, 1931, Jones is regarded among the most important and influential singers in American popular music history. He was the singer of enduring country music hits including She Thinks I Still Care, The Grand Tour, Walk Through This World With Me, Tender Years and He Stopped Loving Her Today.

"A singer who can soar from a deep growl to dizzying heights, he is the undisputed successor of earlier natural geniuses such as Hank Williams and Lefty Frizzell," wrote Bob Allen in the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum's "Encyclopedia of Country Music."

Avatar: Chikara Pro Wrestling. Born From Oblivion.

New Technology Vs. Horse album, "Sorry That I Knocked You Up" http://technologyvshorse.bandcamp.com/album/sorry-that-i-knocked-you-up

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

George Jones dies at 81. RIP. [View all] , Virgenes Corazon, Fri Apr-26-13 09:50 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
He's up there with the lord almighty Buck Owens. r.i.p. Possum n/m
Apr 26th 2013
"Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes?" (1985)
Apr 26th 2013
Good for him for making it that far. Lifestyle should've killed him at 5...
Apr 26th 2013
one of the greatest country artist ever
Apr 26th 2013
Wow...
Apr 26th 2013
the grand tour
Apr 27th 2013
RIP
Apr 29th 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2800359 Previous topic | Next topic