Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2782609

Subject: "I think, for the most part, they're bullshitting." Previous topic | Next topic
CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Thu Feb-28-13 12:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I think, for the most part, they're bullshitting."
In response to In response to 0

Pearl Jam has long said "Oh, we could record another TEN, but that's not where we are musically anymore." To which I call bullshit. I don't think they could if they tried.

I understand why though. I don't write the same kind of music I wrote 15 years ago, and if I tried, it'd sound forced. It's just not where I am anymore. So I think when bands make that kind of "we didn't want to make part 2," all they're doing is calling attention to the fact that they've grown to a different place/approach.

Plus, I mean... you record an album (especially if it's your first album) you have to think you've been playing that material at shows and on TV shows and whatnot every night for over a year. You probably get tired of running through the same shit, same sound. You crave a change.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What's wrong with "[ALBUM NAME] Part 2" (in spirit, not actual name)? [View all] , aScribe, Thu Feb-28-13 11:39 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Peter Frampton tried comes Alive 2 and it went glad bag
Feb 28th 2013
unless it is a concept album...
Feb 28th 2013
Spin off: Well done sequels and poorly done sequels
Feb 28th 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2782609 Previous topic | Next topic