Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2777768

Subject: "JT & Jay-Z to possibly tour *swipe*" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8608 posts
Tue Feb-12-13 02:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"JT & Jay-Z to possibly tour *swipe*"

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1701849/justin-timberlake-jay-z-tour.jhtml

What's better than a single featuring Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z? A performance of their song "Suit & Tie"
at the Grammy Awards
 and on Super Bowl weekend? Sure, that's cool.

But what about a stadium tour with two of music's biggest stars? According to the New York Post it could happen. The paper speculated that the pair may soon announce a 10-city stadium tour, with details to be revealed soon on JT's Twitter account.

"We're definitely going to go on tour," Timberlake said on the red carpet at the Grammys according to the Post, which did not cite the source of the quote. "I don't know how much I should say ... It's going to be a lot of fun, I know that." While JT didn't elaborate on who the "we" is in his tease, but unnamed sources told the paper it could be Jigga.

Spokespeople for Jay and Timberlake could not be reached for comment at press time.

From the dapper tuxedos and the sepia-toned hue of his Grammys performance to the general throwback Frank Sinatra, big band look Justin's been rocking to promote his upcoming third solo album, The 20/20 Experience,
 it seems like the singer is going for a very particular vibe this time around.

"Not to compare ourselves to those guys, but just the fun that they had," he said in a recent interview about the Rat Pack sensibility he's cultivating along with rap chairman of the board Jay-Z.

"I was picturing like, being at the Sands in Vegas and saying, 'Oh, Jay-Z's in the house tonight. Uh, let's have him come up and do a number. Why don't you go ahead and get out of your seat, Hov?' That's more or less where it came from."

And, well, that's just what he did at the Grammys, so perhaps there's more to come.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

JT & Jay-Z to possibly tour *swipe* [View all] , bwood, Tue Feb-12-13 02:06 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
hov has mastered coattail riding in his old age.
Feb 12th 2013
It's a good look for him
Feb 12th 2013
yup, guess if you're gonna tour non-stop the only way to keep it fresh
Feb 12th 2013
I'd love to go to this show- however wish wasnt 'stadiums'
Feb 12th 2013
hey...
Feb 12th 2013
those tix wont be unreasonable at ALL. smh.
Feb 12th 2013
I bet 200 for the worst seats.
Feb 12th 2013
Fuck it I'm going with my niggas. It's gonna be an assfest.
Feb 22nd 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2777768 Previous topic | Next topic