Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2773987

Subject: "Surprise, surprise, surprise! Jim Nabors is still alive" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Wed Jan-30-13 09:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Surprise, surprise, surprise! Jim Nabors is still alive"

and he married his longtime partner:

(seriously I thought dude died loooooong time ago. But congrats to him)

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/01/andy_griffith_actor_and_sylaca.html

Jim Nabors, the Sylacauga native who gained fame as star of “Gomer Pyle, USMC” and as a frequent guest on “The Carol Burnett Show,” has married his longtime partner, according to Hawaii News Now.

Nabors, 82, married Stan Cadwallader, 64, in Seattle on Jan. 15, according to the story.

"I'm 82 and he's in his 60s and so we've been together for 38 years and I'm not ashamed of people knowing, it's just that it was such a personal thing, I didn't tell anybody," said Nabors, who has lived in Hawaii for decades. "I'm very happy that I've had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can I tell you, I'm just very happy."

Nabors starred in his TV series, “Gomer Pyle, USMC,” from 1964 until 1969. Before that, Nabors’ Gomer was a recurring character on “The Andy Griffith Show” for two years. Two of his “Griffith” co-stars, Andy Griffith and George “Goober” Lindsey, have died in the past year.

Nabors is also known for his comedy work with Burnett, as well for his singing. For many years, he sang “Back Home Again in Indiana” at the start of the Indianapolis 500.

Printer-friendly copy

Surprise, surprise, surprise! Jim Nabors is still alive [View all] , MME, Wed Jan-30-13 09:34 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I thought I posted this in GD? lol
Jan 30th 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2773987 Previous topic | Next topic