Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2723853

Subject: "curren$y X quasimoto = Jeremiah Jae Raw Money Raps (brainfeeder)" Previous topic | Next topic
stylez dainty
Member since Nov 22nd 2004
6737 posts
Wed Jul-25-12 10:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"curren$y X quasimoto = Jeremiah Jae Raw Money Raps (brainfeeder)"

I have been looking forward to this for what feels like forever. Happy to report it's really good. Very reminiscent of madlib, although Jae goes digital and loud where Madlib goes analogue and musty.

Flying Lotus produces a great song on here. Don't let the first song (second track) throw you off. It's probably the most difficult beat on here (I still like it).

For the most part Jae's raps are very lethargic, which actually sounds great to my ears, but on a few songs he shows off some more "traditional" skills, or at least he and some of his guest rappers do.

Sea$ons is still a classic song, so if you haven't heard that already, it will likely be the highlight to you.

----
I check for: Serengeti, Zeroh, Open Mike Eagle, Jeremiah Jae, Moka Only.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

curren$y X quasimoto = Jeremiah Jae Raw Money Raps (brainfeeder) [View all] , stylez dainty, Wed Jul-25-12 10:36 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
interesting comparison
Jul 25th 2012
When I first heard Jae I thought:
Jul 25th 2012
Cat Fight produced by Flying Lotus
Jul 25th 2012
Love this album.
Jul 25th 2012

Lobby The Lesson topic #2723853 Previous topic | Next topic