Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2670898

Subject: "Other then the Wu, what hip hop artists merchendise?" Previous topic | Next topic
debo40oz
Member since Apr 16th 2003
4081 posts
Wed Mar-07-12 03:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Other then the Wu, what hip hop artists merchendise?"

I don't really consider roc-a-wear, sean paul or Phat Farm the same thing. I don't think I ever seen a Tip, KRS, or many other artist merchendise.
Off the top of the head I think Run Dmc, Wu, Snoop, Hiero, Roots, may be the only major Hip hop artist's tour shirts I ever seen someone rock. I think Jedi Mind Tricks may do a better job of merchendising.
Is there no market? Is it that the culture isn't receptive to wearing tour T-shirts? Am I blind? I might see some being sold at some shows. Maybe I am just old and don't see enough young bucks to see what they are rocking.
Now that I think about it, not a lot of modern artists seem to merchandise that much. More likely I will see a Guns n Roses shirt then any new rock band.

I am not sure if this should be in the lesson as it is not actually music related but whatever.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Other then the Wu, what hip hop artists merchendise? [View all] , debo40oz, Wed Mar-07-12 03:14 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Hiero puts/put a heavy emphasis on merch.
Mar 07th 2012
so why don't the major artists do it?
Mar 07th 2012
      B/c they see the bigger picture and do actual clothing lines
Mar 07th 2012
      I don't see why they are mutually exclusive
Mar 08th 2012
      I think it's bad business primarily
Mar 08th 2012
Rhymesayers pushes a lot of schwag...
Mar 07th 2012
Odd Future