Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2643722

Subject: "Experimental mix i made about 7 years ago resurfaced." Previous topic | Next topic
denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Wed Dec-28-11 11:05 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Experimental mix i made about 7 years ago resurfaced."
Wed Dec-28-11 11:26 AM by denny

I spent around 3 months on this.....in the end it was 23 minutes long but I was only able to retrieve the first 16 of those. I thought it was gone forever but i tracked down a quick burn of it that I gave to someone 3/4 of the way through.

I think the approach was pretty original....it's kinda like a 'jackin for beats' thing or maybe something like a shadow/chemist 'brainfreeze' thing. Though it leans much more to the production side rather than the turntable. I used around 400 sources/songs over the course of the mix and chopped/edited the SHIT out of everything. Even when I let a song ride for a bit...there are countless edits/alterations. If you're familiar with the source material...I think you'll understand how effing long this took me.

Interested in any feedback...or a suggestion of someone else who did something like this. Here 'tis:

http://soundcloud.com/mdenheyer/mike-d-megamix/s-zYrZB

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Experimental mix i made about 7 years ago resurfaced. [View all] , denny, Wed Dec-28-11 11:05 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Experimental mix i made about 7 years ago resurfaced...again!
Dec 28th 2011
linky no worky
Dec 28th 2011
fixed.....
Dec 28th 2011
      I can't believe I fell for it again
Dec 28th 2011
           The jb song didn't last that long.
Dec 28th 2011
First couple minutes are pretty dope
Dec 28th 2011

Lobby The Lesson topic #2643722 Previous topic | Next topic