Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3020594

Subject: "fantastic interview...I don't get why folks are so hard on Yasiin" Previous topic | Next topic
Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4940 posts
Mon Dec-02-19 05:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "fantastic interview...I don't get why folks are so hard on Yasiin"
In response to In response to 0
Mon Dec-02-19 05:27 PM by Stadiq

I want the same albums everyone else wants. I want the Madlib shit, the Mannie shit, Blackstar, anything he has with Ski.

Any and all of it.

But some dudes around here act like entitled fucking assholes when it comes to him and his music.

I really want to hear Negus. I want to own it. But he clearly wanted to deliver it in a different, very specific way. I'm bummed, but you can't say he isn't creative.

Hell, if Roc Marc or Mach Hommy or someone else dudes around here dickride did the museum thing, it would be getting a lot of props.

Hell if the Roots did it dudes would be lining up to kiss ?uestloves ass about it.

But because its Yasiin, dudes are in that thread acting like spoiled fucking brats.

At the very least, I hope some who were unreasonably upset about Negus in that other thread read this interview and at least understand his thinking better.

He's always been eclectic. He's always done his own thing. People still expect BOBS part 2 and that was 20 fucking years ago**.

It should have been clear Mos is going to do what he wants since The New Danger at the very least.

This interview was a great reminder.

** Ecstatic is hands down his best, most consistent album though. For the record. It is a masterpiece.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I interviewed Yasiin Bey [View all] , Ketchums, Fri Nov-29-19 01:21 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
nice work!
Nov 29th 2019
v v dope. Congratulations
Nov 29th 2019
I associate Elvis Costello with 13/14 yr old vagina
Nov 30th 2019
good looking out.. this is dope!
Nov 30th 2019
great read! its NTS radio tho