Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2933592

Subject: "Any thoughts on Alina Baraz & Galimatias' "Urban Flora Ep"?" Previous topic | Next topic
auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Mon Jun-01-15 12:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Any thoughts on Alina Baraz & Galimatias' "Urban Flora Ep"?"

Play list:
1-Show Me - Great introduction to the EP, sound sets the tone for the entire joint.

2-Drift - Was already floating around the internet for a while. Definitely enjoy the song. Ramped up my anticipation for a full project.

3-Can I - Sultry and sexy. One of my favs.

4-Fantasy - Song that introduced me to the duo. I LOVE this song. Super dope.

5-Make You Feel - This along with Pretty Thoughts came to me at the same time. I was very into this song and reinforced that they'd make a great project together.

6-Maybe - Maybe is probably my second fav song to Fantasy. Change up at the end of the song is really dope to me.

7-Pretty Thoughts - while I enjoy this song, probably my least fav on the joint.

8-Unfold - Very solid closer.

All in all, I was very pleased with the EP, though I'd already owned half of it, I wish there were at least 3 more songs to make it a full album. Perfect mood music IMO. Looking forward to more from the two if they continue to work together. Alina's voice captures me in a way that isn't too monotone/boring but rather consistent. The soundtrack doesn't require lots of super high/low dynamics. She fits the pocket of the production perfectly and the lyrics, while simple and sometimes abstract, aren't pretentious or brooding. It's perfect mello.

Reminds me a lot of Embrya with the funk turned down and the modern electro turned up. I'd definitely suggest a listen.

Anyone else up on this project?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Any thoughts on Alina Baraz & Galimatias' "Urban Flora Ep"? [View all] , auragin_boi, Mon Jun-01-15 12:12 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
thoughts other than it being really good? no.
Jun 01st 2015
lol...ok, well any stand-outs for you?
Jun 01st 2015
      nope. i'm a big fan of EPs.
Jun 01st 2015
Damn, I slept
Apr 02nd 2016
RE: Any thoughts on Alina Baraz & Galimatias' "Urban Flora Ep"?
Apr 03rd 2016
Loved it, just the right amount of songs to leave you wanting more
Apr 03rd 2016
thank you
Apr 05th 2016

Lobby The Lesson topic #2933592 Previous topic | Next topic