Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2900874

Subject: "Which artists' discographies are a pain to collect?" Previous topic | Next topic
The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Tue Sep-09-14 12:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Which artists' discographies are a pain to collect?"

I was going through Miles Davis' discography on Spotify the other night and due to the vastness of his output, everytime I scrolled down to the bottom, more albums would start loading. Now I wasn't shocked since I know Miles was prolific, plus I know record companies have been milking his stuff heavily ever since he died. It did, however, make me think that it has to be a pain to build up a collection of all his material; especially if you're a completist that has to even have all of the deluxe editions and box sets that have dropped since his death.

With that said, which artists discographies are a pain to collect?

Not saying you don't enjoy the hunt but you basically have some difficulties collecting their material for various reasons. Either they are an obscure artist or they are a known artist with a couple of obscure albums buried within their discography of popular albums or they are super prolific to the point that it hurts your pockets, etc. I'm interested in OKP's opinions on this.

Since 1976

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Which artists' discographies are a pain to collect? [View all] , The Wordsmith, Tue Sep-09-14 12:24 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Miles is just one of many Jazz artists in that category
Sep 09th 2014
True. A number of jazz artists damn near dropped an album a week.
Sep 09th 2014
it's a product of the recording process...
Sep 09th 2014
Yeah, jazz is a daunting task.
Sep 09th 2014
Prince...Parliafunkadelicment
Sep 09th 2014
Frank Zappa
Sep 10th 2014

Lobby The Lesson topic #2900874 Previous topic | Next topic