Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2868852

Subject: "2014's Black Horses [Who's going to surprise us?]" Previous topic | Next topic
Delajoo
Member since Jul 30th 2010
1331 posts
Tue Feb-04-14 08:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2014's Black Horses [Who's going to surprise us?]"
Tue Feb-04-14 08:44 PM by Delajoo

Danny Brown & Kendrick in 2011
Frank Ocean, Killer Mike & El-P in 2012.
Chance the Rapper in 2013.

*sidebar: of course I excluded a lot, just wanted to be concise*

What artist, project, or band do you expect will surprise us and put out something that ends up being a definitive piece of the year? I'm talking released project, hypothetical ones, or even just a gut feeling that you expect X to do Y.

I have a feeling BadBadNotGood is going to drop a massively influential album in this "indie" sphere. It won't get radio play, but it will be referenced covered, and will raise their stock significantly. Reason being is I think in their first release they were showing their cards and mainly covering hip hop standards, in their second they branched out and showed their songwriting ability, and now on this third one i expect barely any covers and a further exploration into this unique lane they've
"CS60" off of "III"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOqKQA7FqWE

another artist I have a gut feeling will come out of nowhere and make himself a fixture is Mr. Carmack. Dude is already pretty much the "it-boy" on SoundCloud/trap & electronic blogs and I expect that he will either a) put out a single that drives his stock way up or b) be a featured producer on a release with someone of the A$AP or TDE ilk.

-------------------
village.fm/okayplayer | @delajoo
"Whether you're a rock star or a garbage man, if you think about yourself all the time, you won't be very good at what you do." - Frusciante

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

2014's Black Horses [Who's going to surprise us?] [View all] , Delajoo, Tue Feb-04-14 08:44 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Young Thug bout to have a big 2014.
Feb 05th 2014
I want a huge FKA Twigs hit
Feb 05th 2014
She could be the next Portishead
Feb 05th 2014
      That's why I'm not sure they have it in em
Feb 05th 2014

Lobby The Lesson topic #2868852 Previous topic | Next topic