Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2865694

Subject: "Coke is the worst thing to happen to music" Previous topic | Next topic
imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Coke is the worst thing to happen to music"
In response to In response to 0

2013 was phenomenal. I could back it up with a whole list of shit that majority of mofos ain't care about let alone listened to, but I'll be damned if I'mma let these bammas talk about music sucking.

Hopefully making music this week. That would be a nice change of pace.

I'm still amazed by the legs so many shitty bands have, mainly because they got connected to the right PR people who keep them in the mouths of the right people in the press. Seeing that from all sides of the conversation can be disheartening, especially when there are so many deserving artists putting strong efforts forward that go beneath the radar.

Running a label is hard as fuck, and probably shouldn't be done after you have kids. That said I'm excited for what we're cooking up this year.

The ubiquitousness of Bandcamp... I keep saying it. But yeah, feel some kinda way.

I really really really want' to say told ya so to all these johnny come lately's on Mos Def's Ecstatic, but I'mma just leave it hear and take the high ground.

You ever hear a voice and as soon as you hear it realize that you are fucking up? Yeah that happened last night. Man alive that voice was so strong.

There's a gospel angle there. I think televangelism killed gospel. Once it really started becoming a show, all the fundamentals started falling a part.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

*** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY *** [View all] , MISTA MONOTONE, Wed Jan-15-14 09:13 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Grandmaster Jay is a hip hop legend son!!! just ask him!
Jan 15th 2014
RE: *** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ***
Jan 15th 2014
"You know... it was just... an accountant issue..."
Jan 15th 2014
RE: Coke is the worst thing to happen to music
Jan 15th 2014
how's everybody doing after the crash?
Jan 15th 2014
RE: *** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ***
Jan 15th 2014
i'm better than dilla, just blaze, & bink! combined