Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2819416

Subject: "Thing is, Watch the throne didn't live up to the hype, and folks thought" Previous topic | Next topic
-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Mon Jul-08-13 04:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Thing is, Watch the throne didn't live up to the hype, and folks thought"
In response to In response to 0

it coulda/shoulda been classic. The trendy, or "progressive" style threw most of us off. But then it lead to one of the biggest songs of both of their careers.

With MCHG, NOBODY even knew about it until two weeks before it dropped, and there was no single...so I think we were satisfied long as it didn't suck and had some listenables.

The high points on WTT are much higher. Even "Otis," which had sooome hate, but most of us just loved the throwback feel to it. MCHG has inconsistent high points to me. "Tom Ford" beat is great, but it's like...the song is really just a commercial for Tom Ford, with no strong hook or standout lines like "Otis" and "Niggas in Paris" did. And...then, the lows on WTT are lower to me, especially because it's Jay AND Kanye, which makes you say "damn, y'all BOTH thought this was hot?"

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Watch The Throne vs. Magna Carta Holy Grail [View all] , Starks dunked on Bulls, Mon Jul-08-13 01:59 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
WTT easy.
Jul 08th 2013
base
Jul 08th 2013
Watch the Throne easily
Jul 08th 2013
RE: Watch the Throne easily
Jul 08th 2013
Oh wow.
Jul 08th 2013
see, the objective here is to discredit MCHG to the point where
Jul 08th 2013
      I'm having trouble sifting through your (perceived) sarcasm...
Jul 09th 2013
man you guys are old fucks
Jul 08th 2013
this is actually really hard
Jul 08th 2013
WTT has more replay value for me than MCHG.
Jul 09th 2013
WTT was a great, great, super fun album
Jul 09th 2013
is there a none of the above option?
Jul 09th 2013
^
Jul 09th 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2819416 Previous topic | Next topic