Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2752653

Subject: "RE: The Coup - Sorry to Bother You (album discussion)" Previous topic | Next topic
ebisu
Charter member
171 posts
Sat Nov-03-12 09:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
12. "RE: The Coup - Sorry to Bother You (album discussion)"
In response to In response to 2

>Is Boots just calling himself and whoever works with him
>nowadays The Coup?

Here's Boots' answer to that from http://www.punknews.org/article/49542/interviews-track-by-track-boots-riley-the-coup

People usually think of The Coup as a group, with you as the leader, Pam, and maybe Silk-E. But you keep referring to the group as a "we". Is The Coup more of a collective than a group or band?

Well, I'm still the director. I come up with the lyrics, but the truth is, it is a collective, and it always has been, from day one. It has been live instruments since 1998. We've been performing with a live band for a long time. It's more recently that we've kind of become- every label that wanted to put out our albums wanted to portray The Coup as just me. This is the first time I've been like, "It's a band. Even with sampling, the musicians add their own mark."

http://www.last.fm/user/ebisu

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

The Coup - Sorry to Bother You (album discussion) [View all] , Hitokiri, Tue Oct-30-12 12:19 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i'm down for the convo but...
Oct 30th 2012
Honestly didn't know it dropped today.
Oct 30th 2012
RE: The Coup - Sorry to Bother You (album discussion)
Oct 30th 2012
Pretty great album
Oct 30th 2012
Just finished my first listen...
Oct 30th 2012
:( no wear clean draws or 79 Granada level stuff?
Oct 30th 2012
      Nope... 79 Grenada is one of my favorite songs ever...
Oct 30th 2012
so yeah...
Oct 31st 2012
I like this.
Oct 31st 2012
I had no idea it dropped I will cop
Oct 31st 2012
RE: The Coup - Sorry to Bother You (album discussion)
Nov 02nd 2012
Got it
Nov 02nd 2012

Lobby The Lesson topic #2752653 Previous topic | Next topic