Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2676674

Subject: "his persoanlity was a plus not a minus" Previous topic | Next topic
ABROCK33
Charter member
10555 posts
Thu Mar-22-12 11:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "his persoanlity was a plus not a minus"
In response to In response to 6

In a group full of nutcases he was the "reason"

I hear your argument that Ren lesser personality in a group full of strong personalities held him back from day 1 but in his defence there were a lot of people that respected Ren more for that (at the time). He wasnt the drug dealin midget witha curl nor was he the extremly angry man (yet lol). he was just the solid, no nonsense MC. There was a time were that actually stood for something and was respected in hip hop. Even back then I saw Eazy as comedic relief, a cartoon character. Cube gave the group its legitimacy and justified the group name but Ren was the stablity IMO. The one who didnt bend or conform. He didnt have the curl look and even his rap name wasnt flamboyant it was just a shortning of his real name. What you see as a weakness (lack of a flamboyant personality) alot of people includeing me see as a strength.

>
>Now how in the hell can your fourth most charismatic member be
>expected to be noticed when the market is flooded by his
>former teammates?
>SOC set the template, but Eazy and DOC were allowed to run
>with it, not Ren.>

This where I wanted to go..a little deeper..good point. As you said the market was flooded w his bandmates but no Ren solo till 92. why is that? in the midst of his paycheck crumbling ie. the group why didnt he hurry up w a solo lp? why did he wait till 92? was it confidence or lack therof? was it laziness? maybye it was just loyalty as Dr Dre's bio suggested. you think Ren didnt see what Cube saw? he did but he thought somehow that it would get worked out. he was just loyal to the group and Dre. this leads to the next question. how come Ren never was included in the Chronic and the "new Dre"? he hasnt gone on record of haveing a beef w Dre that I am aware of

what I am getting at is was their some personal reason that he waited that long to enter the game as a soloist?

>So what does Ren do? Knowing he prolly can't make it on his
>own, he wisely stays with the group.>

I disagree. Again Ren stayed out of loyalty. Their is no evidence to support that it was a fear of failure. NWA couldve have easily brought in a replacment for Cube but they didnt. That to me shows that they believed in Rens ablitites to carry the group. Unfortunatly Dre left afterwards so we dont know how things woulda turned out if..

>So where does that leave Ren?

from your vantage point the tipping point was the group breaking up. We agree. where I differ was that Ren wasnt out of options at that point. I dont understand why he waited so late to build his own brand? I mean I do understand it gets back to his loyalty.

--------------------
"Good hair"-Uzi

1619 the 1st slaves are brought to American shores
thus begins the phrase “mine is better than yours?” (huh?)
forced to serve-too broke to by freedom
the systematic rape of African culture has begun
little time

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

what REALLY happened to MC Ren? * a grown mans plea* [View all] , ABROCK33, Thu Mar-22-12 09:28 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Ren unfortunately got more angry and militant in an era
Mar 22nd 2012
Ren had a Vietnam flashback or somthin lol
Mar 22nd 2012
I remember having the one tape where side A Gangsta side B NOI
Mar 22nd 2012
damn, u make it seem like this n*gga need an Unsung episode...
Mar 22nd 2012
if we're talking his career, he just might, LOL
Mar 22nd 2012
      i was trynna come up with a NWA totem pole...
Mar 22nd 2012
           hes the only NWA that held down a group lp tho
Mar 22nd 2012
you were cool till
Mar 22nd 2012
if Ren was only a 2nd rate MC
Mar 22nd 2012
      i didn't say he was 2nd rate
Mar 22nd 2012
           I dont know who couldve either
Mar 22nd 2012
No room/too little too late
Mar 22nd 2012
      He had immense personal strength but the public needs more
Mar 22nd 2012
           the EP went plat tho
Mar 22nd 2012
                If the EP went plat and the follow up album went gold
Mar 22nd 2012
                     the EP was plat but that was old NWA Ren
Mar 22nd 2012
could DJ Trains death have played a role?
Mar 22nd 2012
he was the NWA member w the most street cred
Mar 22nd 2012

Lobby The Lesson topic #2676674 Previous topic | Next topic