Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13472556

Subject: "When You Get to See Your Child's Dream Come True..." Previous topic | Next topic
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Fri Nov-04-22 11:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"When You Get to See Your Child's Dream Come True..."

i been on this board for over 20 years so if you a oldhead, you've heard of my son Milan...the heavy metal guitarist turned hip hop & krump dancer, choreographer etc

he's 26 now and i'm heading to Vegas this weekend so i can see him premiere in the ensemble of a $120mil brand new production at the Wynn called Awakening.

https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/entertainment/awakening?gclid=CjwKCAjw8JKbBhBYEiwAs3sxNzatzBLXXSDD88Sk9owbOu-tMyUq14YSnn9pfU8tEf7G8Tu0PiX1MRoCHqkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Opening night is Monday and my son Marius and I are invited to the private premiere, plus the pre-cocktail party and the cast/crew afterparty...

but outside of all that glitz and glamour, I get to see my first born child on stage performing KRUMP(!!!) and living out his dream to be a full-time paid dancer/performer.

thinking back to when he auditioned in June 2021,finished all 3 rounds, and he didn't hear back from them for months...they had even flown other dancers out to Vegas from his same audition to see them again...he thought he definitely didn't get it but I was like nah. they saw you shine. they invited you back two times to show other dancers how its done. You got this!

and sure enough, they called. and said the reason it took so long is cuz he was one of the first 10 dancers they decided on and they wanted to wait till the whole 60!! were cast before notifying him.

anyway, i'm just excited to get on that plane tonight and see my baby shine.

d

"i do more for both our communities than you'll ever know." - Heinz
"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

When You Get to See Your Child's Dream Come True... [View all] , Damali, Fri Nov-04-22 11:23 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
congrats to him (and you - good job mom).
Nov 04th 2022
thanks. i don't take too much credit tho
Nov 04th 2022
nice, congrats!
Nov 04th 2022
good for him AND you...
Nov 04th 2022
Congratulations!!
Nov 04th 2022
congrats! love to hear stories like that... the babies r the greatest
Nov 04th 2022
That's what's up!