Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13468019

Subject: "Pat Stay Stabbed To Death" Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Tue Sep-06-22 11:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Pat Stay Stabbed To Death"

If you don’t know, he’s on the battle rap GOAT list. I’m not talking rankings. But he was in that class. I think this was solidified without question, once he put in serious performances against SMACK/URL cats, in SMACK battles. (The K Shine battle was ehhh but I’ll have to rewatch) The KOTD cats tend to struggle in that arena, unless it’s a KOTD event/crowd (props to Real Deal too on that front) but Pat ‘s got a style that connects with everyone.

He had a dope podcast too. I go back to his two convos with Hollow every once in a while.

Those are worthwhile discussions. But yeah, dude is gone.

https://www.xxlmag.com/pat-stay-dead-fatally-stabbed/

Pat Stay, an acclaimed battle rapper in Canada and the U.S., reportedly has died after being fatally stabbed.

According to a CBC News report, published on Sunday (Sept. 4), Pat Stay was stabbed to death early Sunday morning in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Although Halifax Regional Police have yet to confirm the victim's identity, Stay’s brother, Peter Stay, confirmed the sad news to CBC News.

According to a press release, police said they responded to a weapons call in the 1600 block of Lower Water Street at 12:36 a.m. Upon arriving at the scene, police discovered a male "suffering from injuries consistent with being the victim of a stabbing." The victim was rushed to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

No arrests have been made, but police are asking anyone with information to contact them at 902-490-5020.

XXL has reached out to the Halifax Regional Police for comment.

Pat Stay, born Patrick Wayne Stay, was a highly-regarded artist in the global battle rap circuit. Two days before his untimely death, the Canadian rapper challenged The Game to a rap battle on his diss track, "Warm Up." The song was in response to the Compton, Calif. rapper trying to goad Eminem into a rhyme battle with his 10-minute diss track "The Black Slim Shady", which appeared on his album Drillmatic: Heart Vs. Mind.

Read More: Battle Rapper Pat Stay Dead After Being Fatally Stabbed - Report - XXL | https://www.xxlmag.com/pat-stay-dead-fatally-stabbed/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Pat Stay Stabbed To Death [View all] , Cold Truth, Tue Sep-06-22 11:35 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Random Flex
Sep 06th 2022
Rest in peace. :(
Sep 06th 2022
He was one of those dudes man
Sep 07th 2022
His killer is found.
Sep 13th 2022
I dont know that world that much but Pat was dope