Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13464563

Subject: "Issa Rae’s ‘Rap Sh!t’ Trailer Takes Aim At Hip-Hop’s Double Stan..." Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13955 posts
Sat Jul-16-22 06:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Issa Rae’s ‘Rap Sh!t’ Trailer Takes Aim At Hip-Hop’s Double Stan..."

Rap Sh!t Trailer

https://youtu.be/-_CotvQqCk4

https://www.vibe.com/news/movies-tv/issa-rae-rap-shit-trailer-1234674300/

HOME
NEWS
MOVIES & TV

Issa Rae’s New ‘Rap Sh!t’ Trailer Takes Aim At Hip-Hop’s Double Standards

The show is set to debut on July 21.

BY DEMICIA INMAN

JULY 6, 2022 12:00PM

“Are y’all ready for the next big, must-see, fun show this summer? Issa Rae questions viewers as the latest trailer for her upcoming comedy series Rap Sh!t loads. The clip finds stars, Aida Osman, as Shawna and KaMillion as Mia reuniting to form a rap duo, and hoping to find success on their own terms.

“I just want to make music work for me,” expresses Osman’s character. “But all these female rappers have their a*s out,” as her growing frustrations with a male rapper who literally burns money becomes more evident.

Another character, played by Daniel Augustin, encourages her “you could have a million views too” as they watch a twerk-filled rap video.

The original comedy series is set to premiere on July 21 on HBO Max, home of Issa Rae’s acclaimed network debut Insecure. Rap Sh!t kicks off with two episodes and will be followed by one episode each week, concluding on September 1 for a total of eight.

MIAMI BEACH, FLORIDA – JUNE 15: Issa Rae attends the opening night premiere of “Civil” at the 2022 American Black Film Festival at New World Center on June 15, 2022 in Miami Beach, Florida. (Photo by Jason Koerner/Getty Images)
Rap Sh!t is executive produced by Issa Rae and showrunner Syreeta Singleton, as well as Montrel McKay for HOORAE, Jonathan Berry and Dave Becky for 3 Arts Entertainment, and Deniese Davis. Rae also wrote the series premiere and she and Singleton co-wrote the finale.

Hip hop duo Yung Miami and JT of City Girls serve as co-executive producers, along with Kevin “Coach K” Lee and Pierre “P” Thomas for Quality Control Films and Sara Rastogi for HOORAE. Rae’s audio content company Raedio handles music supervision for the series.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Issa Rae’s ‘Rap Sh!t’ Trailer Takes Aim At Hip-Hop’s Double Stan... [View all] , c71, Sat Jul-16-22 06:29 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I hope there’s and episode on BBL and cosmetic surgery
Jul 17th 2022
Their Manager(?) reminds me of an adult, female Riley from
Jul 17th 2022
the shorter girl of the two 😩👌🏿
Jul 17th 2022

Lobby General Discussion topic #13464563 Previous topic | Next topic