Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13451850

Subject: "And it will get worse unless Biden replaces Breyer before the next" Previous topic | Next topic
kfine
Member since Jan 11th 2009
2218 posts
Sat Jan-15-22 06:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "And it will get worse unless Biden replaces Breyer before the next"
In response to In response to 3
Sat Jan-15-22 06:20 PM by kfine

Congress (assuming Ds may lose their majority):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States#Current_justices

^At 83yo, he is currently the oldest and one of the longest serving justices on the bench and, unfortunately, one of the few remaining who are not staunchly conservative.

If the Ds don't move fast they may at best end up in a situation where their nominee is blocked, like what happened with Garland, and at worst end up in situation where Breyer dies on the bench like RBG.

I feel like there's not been enough alarm about this predicament, with everything else going on. The SCOTUS conservative majority is already a concern, but if the Ds allow the margin to GROW after this period that they controlled Congress and the Exec branch..? Smh that would be pure ineptitude. Especially after watching the Rs be so ruthless with the Judiciary branch in recent years.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Summarize the current debate re voting rights and the filibuster [View all] , Binlahab, Sat Jan-15-22 08:13 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Voting rights
Jan 15th 2022
Filibuster
Jan 15th 2022
RE: Filibuster
Jan 15th 2022
      At that point, the democracy experiment is over
Jan 15th 2022
           ^^Not true, the filibuester was modifed MANY times in the past
Jan 15th 2022
Proabbly doesn't matter with the Supreme Court 6-3 with INSANE ideologue...
Jan 15th 2022
this article re: Kavanaugh had me going full dirtbag left in my head
Jan 15th 2022

Lobby General Discussion topic #13451850 Previous topic | Next topic