Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13432160

Subject: "I have racial/racism/race/inequality burnout. " Previous topic | Next topic
double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Thu May-06-21 01:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I have racial/racism/race/inequality burnout. "
Thu May-06-21 01:57 PM by double negative

I'm done.

I'm done with being shocked about these white people or what Tucker Carlson said...because I know these people will not change.

I'm done with hot takes on Twitter.

I'm done with excellent breakdowns of socical/historic inequality.

I'm done with "The Problem with America is...." books written by our beloved contemporary intellects.

I'm done with giving a shit about the shocking thing these black grifters have said today, or yesterday.

I'm done with trying hard to give a shit about racial sensitivity training at places of work.

I'm done with corporate acknowledgement of racism and a promise to "do better, we promise you guys"

I'm done with the endless headlines of "police fataly shoot black..."

I'm done with the endless headlines of "person harrases black people for existing"

I'm done with "the problem with you negroes"negroes

I'm done with thinking "how can anyone on earth really believe...." after reading the millionth ignorant anti-black statement

I'm done with the culture war.

I'm done with discussions of "black people, what WE NEED TO BE DOING RIGHT NOW IS...."

I'm done with the depressing statistics of medical treatment, mental health, suicide, poverty, incarceration, debt

I'm done with a history of kneecapped attempts of self-reliance and agency. Tulsa, Soul City, Willmington Insurrection, Freedman's savings bank, etc

I'm done with zero sum thinking - "we can't just go giving black people something, that would mean I WOULDNT have anything"

I'm done with these black people who experience racism but then say "America! not a racist place"

I'm done with the black story in cinema, television, books, art, having to coexist with or be defined by racism and white supremacy.

I'm done with the modern trick of racism where it's fucking EVER-EE-WHERE and it smells like pig shit but the second you walk into place and state "hey ya'll, why it smell like pig shit in here" everyone around will say "Well of course it does, if you're only looking for things that smell like pig shit, you're gonna smell pig shit. It doesn't smell like anything to me brother". JUST FUCKING SAY THAT SHIT.

I'm done with people having absolute meltdowns for being called racist. Grow the fuck up and learn how to do better. A child can learn to get it the fuck together when you call them selfish, why can't they?

I want most of America to have a fucking seat.

On one side, I'm just depressed at how hard people cling to this shit. And for what? I said to my wife a few weeks ago, that I get how amazing racism is if you benefit from it (however small and nearly invisible). It's like the perfect weapon that destroys everything including the person using it. The colonized and the colonizer suffer. MOTHERFUCKERS ARE WILLING TO DIE FOR WHITENESS. What does any of that get you?

On the other side....I don't want to hear a goddamn thing about how we can change the world until we're truly talking about seizing power in the name of true agency and true self reliance.

All moves to change things, to improve this world are to only introduce incremental change. We haven't asked for anything yet that has made people say "whoa whoa whoa....hold on now, we can't do that, but we can hire a few of ya'll to make it look like something is happening".

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I have racial/racism/race/inequality burnout. [View all] , double negative, Thu May-06-21 01:54 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
yeah.. good luck with that
May 06th 2021
I hear you and it’s really a lot
May 06th 2021
That's dope.
May 06th 2021
      my wife does as well. Therefore I'm indirectly involved in the process.
May 06th 2021
I think its okay to just focus on the local.
May 06th 2021
This is more or less my focus since the election.
May 06th 2021
i hear you.
May 06th 2021
re: keeping you drained...part of the plan.
May 07th 2021
you gotta limit your inputs
May 06th 2021
Turn off tv an social media. Racism is boring, trite and exhausting.
May 07th 2021
I've been off since the middle summer of 2020.
May 07th 2021
we're simultaneously wired to work together and
May 10th 2021
this is not a well thought out idea
May 07th 2021
control your consumption of it better
May 07th 2021
that’s hard to do
May 07th 2021
I'll admit it's probably hard as hell to start doing that now
May 07th 2021
      At this point, I'm late to all the news.
May 07th 2021
I'm already limited. Real life is where the nice ppl are...yadda yadda
May 07th 2021
yeah...
May 07th 2021
since Biden won, my burnout is over..I exhaled I guess
May 07th 2021
You're part of the problem. Everyone's waiting on someone else
May 08th 2021
Ps If you're tired imagine how your ancestors felt
May 08th 2021
Right. But. Thats not what i'm targeting.
May 10th 2021
^^^yeah this post smacks of millennial frailty
May 09th 2021
[generic snarky response]
May 10th 2021
you vehemently shilled for Crime Bill Biden.
May 10th 2021
Nah, my man is tired of the performance showiness of modern activism
May 10th 2021
Social media is a part of it, but thats just a piece of the pie.
May 10th 2021
actually, no, thats not what I'm saying.
May 10th 2021
      you got a right to be burnt out, man
May 10th 2021
      I also believe double negative spent a lot of time on forums
May 10th 2021
           I did and...we're in a really fucking scary place TBH
May 11th 2021
      physician, heal thyself.
May 11th 2021

Lobby General Discussion topic #13432160 Previous topic | Next topic