Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13425660

Subject: "What policy/action/change would actually lead to equality in the US?" Previous topic | Next topic
double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Tue Mar-02-21 03:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What policy/action/change would actually lead to equality in the US?"
Tue Mar-02-21 03:59 PM by double negative

I'm talking about Black people and racism in the united states of america ya'll.

When I say "equality" I mean, true agency.

In this case, being able to build wealth or independence without there being some devaluation, zero-sum thinking, zero-sum motives, or scheme to defraud people. Essentially, being left the fuck alone to pull the levers ourselves without there being a concern that we will take too much or become a competitive threat.

When Black people tried building wealth using traditional tools like banking and real estate, the cake was kicked over before it had a chance to rise. Every venue for generational wealth-building has been booby-trapped it seems.

I think I've reached a conclusion where the only way forward is to flip the damn etch-a-sketch over and start fresh.

Im kind of at a loss for changes that will allow for growth to take traction undisturbed by the forces and will of white supremacy.

One way forward is the growth of black wealth and power in darkness and silence only to be revealed at maturity. A financial underground railroad?

Another way forward is changing the meaning of whiteness to exclude definition by perceived superiority to Black and blackness.

Otherwise...I have absolutely no fucking idea what is next besides incremental changes in our social landscape.

Did this make sense? I'm not sure I was specific enough

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What policy/action/change would actually lead to equality in the US? [View all] , double negative, Tue Mar-02-21 03:55 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Black folk leaving in large numbers
Mar 02nd 2021
1. Where? 2. Why? 3.History...
Mar 02nd 2021
      I say to countries predominantly "Black" or African
Mar 02nd 2021
my response would get me put on a list
Mar 02nd 2021
👁👉🏽👈🏼 👁
Mar 02nd 2021
Miscegenation. Whiteness by its definition is white supremacy.
Mar 02nd 2021
I would like to try segregation again, without segregating resources.
Mar 02nd 2021
how could that even be sold?
Mar 02nd 2021
      There is not a single explicitly black policy that wont have backlash
Mar 03rd 2021
Reparations and massive/enforceable policy changes
Mar 02nd 2021
what kind of reparations?
Mar 03rd 2021
we need to make sure whatever they setup on Mars ain't US ver2
Mar 03rd 2021
beltalowda innit kopeng?