Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13386013

Subject: "The Onion is reliably spot on, as always (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Thu May-28-20 05:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Onion is reliably spot on, as always (swipe)"

https://www.theonion.com/protestors-criticized-for-looting-businesses-without-fo-1843735351

Protestors Criticized For Looting Businesses Without Forming Private Equity Firm First

MINNEAPOLIS—Calling for a more measured way to express opposition to police brutality, critics slammed demonstrators Thursday for recklessly looting businesses without forming a private equity firm first.

“Look, we all have the right to protest, but that doesn’t mean you can just rush in and destroy any business without gathering a group of clandestine investors to purchase it at a severely reduced price and slowly bleed it to death,” said Facebook commenter Amy Mulrain, echoing the sentiments of detractors nationwide who blasted the demonstrators for not hiring a consultant group to take stock of a struggling company’s assets before plundering.

“I understand that people are angry, but they shouldn’t just endanger businesses without even a thought to enriching themselves through leveraged buyouts and across-the-board terminations. It’s disgusting to put workers at risk by looting. You do it by chipping away at their health benefits and eventually laying them off. There’s a right way and wrong way to do this.”

At press time, critics recommended that protestors hold law enforcement accountable by simply purchasing the Minneapolis police department from taxpayers.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

The Onion is reliably spot on, as always (swipe) [View all] , Damali, Thu May-28-20 05:28 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm tired of being responsible for the irresponsible behavior of others....
May 28th 2020
RE: I'm tired of being responsible for the irresponsible behavior of oth...
May 28th 2020
word. a phrase i keep seeing around is "it's time"
May 29th 2020
I really wish they would revive their video content.
May 28th 2020
The “GMA” type show was hilarious.
May 29th 2020
YO i have the link to an article i JUST posted copied still!
May 28th 2020
Oh damn never saw this one - great stuff.
May 28th 2020
Ha I posted this on fbook earlier.
May 28th 2020

Lobby General Discussion topic #13386013 Previous topic | Next topic