Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13367450

Subject: "Go vote (your state probably has laws to help)" Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
18935 posts
Mon Feb-17-20 12:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Go vote (your state probably has laws to help)"

I got an email from my employer today reminding me of the California state law where you can vote without losing pay, check if your state has similar laws.

And remember to vote.

My email:
California’s Primary Election is on Tuesday, Mar. 3, 2020. Polls are open from 7 am to 8 pm on election day.

If you are scheduled to be at work during that time, and do not have sufficient time outside of working hours to vote, California law allows you to take up to two hours off to vote, without losing any pay. A maximum of two hours of PTO will be approved to vote.

When requesting time off to vote, management may require you to vote at the beginning or end of your shift unless other arrangements have been made. If you believe you will need more time off to vote, you must notify management at least two working days prior to the election.

For any questions, please contact your entity Human Resources office.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Go vote (your state probably has laws to help) [View all] , handle, Mon Feb-17-20 12:21 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
WHY? Ain’t nobody running but CRACKers....
Feb 17th 2020
my "progressive" job sends these emails around and has this info
Feb 17th 2020

Lobby General Discussion topic #13367450 Previous topic | Next topic