Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13347007

Subject: "TinyPic is shutting down (that's what's wrong with yall's avatars)" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14018 posts
Tue Sep-10-19 11:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"TinyPic is shutting down (that's what's wrong with yall's avatars)"

Someone asked this in another post, so I figured I'd make this post for anyone else wondering (all I did was open the image in a new tab).

http://tinypic.com/

TinyPic is shutting down
Due to an inability to support a high-quality free digital service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site revenues, TinyPic will be permanently shutting down on September 16, 2019. Because we want to give you as much notice and information as possible during our transition, please carefully review the following information.

What Should You Do Now?
If you have a TinyPic user account, login and download all of the images you wish to preserve. Sorry, bulk download is not an option on TinyPic so you will need to download each image separately.

IMPORTANT DATES:
August 20, 2019 - no new images may be uploaded on TinyPic.

September 9, 2019 - hosted images will no longer be viewable on 3rd party websites. Because we are an anonymous hosting site and therefore cannot provide notice by e-mail to our users, we have opted to replace all hosted images with a temporary message directing them to this notice.

September 16, 2019 - last day for TinyPic account holders to access their accounts and download their images.

We would like to personally thank you for choosing TinyPic as your hosting service. Many of you have been utilizing our services since we launched back in April 2004. As you look for a new hosting service, please consider selecting one of the premium plans offered by our sister site, Photobucket.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TinyPic is shutting down (that's what's wrong with yall's avatars) [View all] , Boogie Stimuli, Tue Sep-10-19 11:46 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
nvrmd....safe
Sep 11th 2019
that confused me for a bit
Sep 11th 2019
What's a good alternative? Also is there still a jade typhoon for chrom...
Sep 11th 2019
I always used Photobucket when I was doing avatars
Sep 11th 2019
using tinypic is like still using altavista or hotmail
Sep 11th 2019
RE: better options
Sep 11th 2019
      a few listed here
Sep 11th 2019
           I use imageshack.us
Sep 11th 2019
just use Imgur
Sep 11th 2019
If you're using imgur, make sure it's http:// (delete the S)
Sep 11th 2019
thanks, I was trying yesterday and it wasn’t working
Sep 12th 2019
ahhhh!!!! I was wondering why it wouldnt work.
Sep 13th 2019
i'm taking the s out but still getting an error
Sep 13th 2019
does the link have to end with .jpg?
Sep 13th 2019
      yep
Sep 13th 2019

Lobby General Discussion topic #13347007 Previous topic | Next topic