Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13318243

Subject: "A Rant: Performance Reviews" Previous topic | Next topic
BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 03:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"A Rant: Performance Reviews"

My manager (“Boss J”), who unfortunately became my new supervisor last year through an undeserving promotion, just came up to me and told me he’d try to squeeze in a “super quick” performance review THIS AFTERNOON. He said we’d probably hold the meeting “out in the hallway.”

Why?

He’s going to be off tomorrow.

And though he doesn’t realize it, I’ve learned through HR that Friday is the absolute last day for managers to complete them.

Here’s the thing. These reviews were supposed be done back in mid-February, if not earlier, but management has not made them a priority. I asked management, including my previous boss (“Boss E”) and Boss J (who still reports to “Boss E”) for clarification about review deadlines and I received two contradictory responses.

I finally reached out to HR last Friday to get legitimate facts and was told managers, company-wide, must finish the in-person evals by tomorrow, Friday, March 8.

I’ve been waiting on Boss J or my former direct supervisor, Boss E, to send an Outlook invite, and now I’m finally getting an update about a review at the 11th hour?!! I’ve heard other coworkers say they haven’t received their reviews yet either.

My company typically gives out the standard bullshit corporate 3% raise. Our online payroll and benefits portal allows us to see our upcoming paychecks about 48 hours in advance. Based on what I just peeped for tomorrow’s paycheck, I’m getting another bullshit single digit raise.

Am I tripping for thinking my manager has handled this unprofessionally? A performance review should be formalized and should not be held “out in the hallway” where people, including our coworkers, are walking to and from the bathroom and elevator.

Last year, when I had two direct bosses in the same year, I received an Outlook invite and a talk inside Boss E’s private office with Boss E and Boss J.

What do y’all think?

And have you had performance reviews lately? How’d that shit go?

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A Rant: Performance Reviews [View all] , BlakStaar, Thu Mar-07-19 03:29 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
yes, you should be pissed.
Mar 07th 2019
You deserve privacy and the time to ask questions
Mar 07th 2019
that sucks
Mar 07th 2019
total jokeshow
Mar 07th 2019
my PR's be late all the time
Mar 07th 2019
If you're getting the same bullshit 3%....
Mar 07th 2019

Lobby General Discussion topic #13318243 Previous topic | Next topic