Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13313771

Subject: "I feel like I'm crazy / Questioning my purpose in life " Previous topic | Next topic
double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Thu Feb-14-19 03:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I feel like I'm crazy / Questioning my purpose in life "

You ever feel like you wish you could just turn off parts of your brain?

Side A:

I have been going to a lot of therapy over the years to work on the after effects of a very shitty childhood. I've seen some things and where I am in life is a bit of a miracle. I'm a late bloomer because of my early experiences, the more small wins or successes in life I have, the more I want out of life.

Side B:

I attempted to wind up a start up two years ago. For a variety of reasons it just did not work. Great idea, not so great execution. Most startups fail, that just comes with the the territory, but this was the first time an abstract idea came very close to becoming reality.

Now I'm working on a few ideas that are looking promising but I'm hitting a few internal/personal walls but I'm pushing forward.

Recently in therapy we explored my personal history of interest in business and I realized that I have a long history of an interest in building business all the way back to highschool but I did not have the personal resources or wherewithal at hand to make that a possible path. Essentially, I did not think it was possible because it was not seen as a possible path in life.

In thinking about my history I'm remembering all the false starts, half ideas, ideas, chances, failures I've had.

I feel as if I have some obsessive drive towards business building. I don't read fiction in my free time, I read or listen to business building, strategy, management books. I don't just casually surf the web, I'm spending time reading up on entrepreneurs, marketing, etc.

Right now I am starting to resent this because it feels like a fruitless pursuit, that I'm really not building anything but I'm instead just wasting my time dreaming.

I can't stop thinking about the path of entrepreneurship and I am starting to feel crazy because its something I cannot stop focusing on. I also have a form of cognitive dissonance in that I don't think I am good enough but I also can't stop preparing myself for something that might never happen.

LIFE. WHAT THE FUCK.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I feel like I'm crazy / Questioning my purpose in life [View all] , double negative, Thu Feb-14-19 03:24 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Don't give up
Feb 14th 2019
You got young kid(s) right?
Feb 14th 2019
Interesting take. I want to do this for them
Feb 14th 2019
Man I just had this conversation yesterday.
Feb 14th 2019
My wife and I talk all the time about our business dreams.
Feb 14th 2019
can we help?
Feb 14th 2019
Ya'll are helping by allowing me to vent for a second.
Feb 14th 2019
it's really great to see you assessing things that might have been holdi...
Feb 14th 2019
I feel you, man. Said several times here that I don't want...
Feb 14th 2019
You're good. Shit is normal. Just from a kinda terse OP here is my read
Feb 14th 2019
Are we related? Lemme help with a touch of fuckery
Feb 15th 2019
yep... i think everyone should develop a meditation practice
Feb 17th 2019

Lobby General Discussion topic #13313771 Previous topic | Next topic