Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13313339

Subject: "About these joint 80s/90s RnB concerts (BBD, Guy, Jodeci, et al)" Previous topic | Next topic
BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Tue Feb-12-19 10:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"About these joint 80s/90s RnB concerts (BBD, Guy, Jodeci, et al)"
Tue Feb-12-19 10:49 PM by BlakStaar

*EDITED 'cause these forums don't like the ampersand symbol in the subject field.*

I'm on the verge of buying a last-minute ticket to see Guy & BBD with Ginuwine, K-CI of Jodeci and 702.

I really only want to see BBD and Guy, especially the former. However, the tickets are cheap enough where I wouldn't mind sitting through the other acts.

BBD puts on a great show from what I've seen on YouTube and Instagram and from what I've heard. Unfortunately, this really isn't *their* show. This is one of those shows where each act has a shorter set performing their major hits and then bounces.

High-key, I want to go for the laughs. K-CI by himself? Yeah, that'll be fun. There's an old video clip of him eating fried chicken during an outdoor performance while getting a piggyback ride back to the stage... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Mcb_DhpuA

Remember when Jodeci went on tour a few years ago? Dalvin, who is probably the most put together, fell off stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vebXu7i-OqY
I felt so bad for him but that shit was funny. He was the last one that should have happened to. He wasn't high, ill or obviously on drugs (See: Jo-Jo).

Now, Jo-Jo passing out on stage while K-CI keeps performing...Yeah, that really isn't funny now is it?!

*stifles laughter*
(See 0:20 mark here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLeXoMwc7eo)

Tell me about your experiences seeing these kinds of artists perform in *recent years*. I want to be entertained.

Also: Are there any late 1980s/1990s artists worth seeing? Any there artists that I should pass on?

I really want to see Troop. I follow Allen McNeil aka AL MAC on Instagram and they're still out there performing their legendary dance routines...Okay, okay. *Modified* versions of their legendary dance routines...

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

About these joint 80s/90s RnB concerts (BBD, Guy, Jodeci, et al) [View all] , BlakStaar, Tue Feb-12-19 10:44 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I went to one last year, had sooo much fun
Feb 12th 2019
RE: I went to one last year, had sooo much fun
Feb 13th 2019
Was this in CC Hills? LOL
Feb 13th 2019
      lol naw i went to Cincinnati for the show
Feb 14th 2019
           Ah, ok...I was wrong about it being last year though
Feb 14th 2019
random fun fact...