Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13300688

Subject: "Synth-heads: OP-1 Discontinued" Previous topic | Next topic
hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 12:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Synth-heads: OP-1 Discontinued"

apparently issues with getting screens

prepare for $3000 OP-1s

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/12/teenage-engineering-op-1-synthesizer-officially-discontinued-rip-1.html

Teenage Engineering OP-1 RIP! The popular modern digital Synthesizer from Sweden will no longer be produced or available until further notice.
The Teenage Engineering OP-1 is without question one of the most popular modern Synthesizers. Not only because of its small portable shape but also because of its power. Also, many YouTube creators have become very popular while using this synth in their productions: Cuckoo, Andrew Huang, Red Means Recording ….

Recently there has been much speculation about the end of the OP-1. Now it is official. TE will no longer build or deliver the OP-1 due to production issues (screens…). Whether it will come out for a re-launch in 2019 or even an OP-1 (2) is still unclear. It would be nice if he came back. But one thing is certain: the prices of second-hand OP-1 will rise.

Teenage Engineering OP-1 RIP

Message From The German Distribution
Eine Ära geht (vorübergehend) zu Ende – Wir bedauern Ihnen mitteilen zu müssen, dass Teenage Engineering nach anhaltenden Fertigungsproblemen den beliebten Kult-Synthesizer OP-1 abgekündigt hat. Rückstände werden nicht mehr ausgeliefert. Bitte nehmen Sie den Artikel aus Ihrem Onlineshop und informieren Sie Ihre Kunden – Bitte entschuldigen Sie die Umstände! Servicefälle werden weiterhin wie gewohnt abgewickelt und auch das OP-1Zubehör verbleit zunächst im Sortiment.

An era is (temporarily) over – We regret to inform you that Teenage Engineering has discontinued the popular cult synthesizer OP-1 after persistent manufacturing problems. Residues are no longer delivered. Please take the article from your online shop and inform your customers – please excuse the circumstances! Service cases continue to be handled as usual and the OP-1 accessories are initially included in the product range.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Synth-heads: OP-1 Discontinued [View all] , hardware, Thu Dec-06-18 12:03 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
ok, I was thinking about the pocket operators....
Dec 06th 2018
RE: ok, I was thinking about the pocket operators....
Dec 06th 2018
Unfortunate. It's not for everyone, but the user base seems extremely pa...
Dec 06th 2018
i feel like there's gotta be something in the works
Dec 06th 2018
so i bought an OP-1
May 23rd 2019
Care to elaborate? I had a trade offer for my MPC 4000 recently
May 23rd 2019
      its just crazy having that much power in such a small device
May 24th 2019
Just copped the OPZ
May 30th 2019
i want one. its like a souped up Pocket Operator