Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13274430

Subject: "Elon Musk: Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Mon Jul-16-18 08:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Elon Musk: Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it"

dude is livid over his submarine idea being called impractical and a PR stunt

called the diver who rescued the kids "Pedo Guy". prolly because he lives in Thailand.

Dude says he is suing.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/elon-musk-tweets-apos-ll-024335163.html

Musk’s tantrum was triggered by an interview the diver, Vern Unsworth, gave CNN International last Friday, in which he said Musk could stick the small submarine he had SpaceX engineers build "where it hurts." Though the submarine was intended to help the 12 boys stranded with their soccer coach navigate flooded cave passageways, Unsworth, who helped plan the rescue operation and recruited other cave diving experts, said it "had absolutely no chance of working."

Unworth added that Musk "had no conception of what the cave passage was like. The submarine, I believe, was about 5 foot 6 long, rigid, so it wouldn’t have gone round corners or round any obstacles. It wouldn’t hadn’t have made the first 50 meters into the cave from the dive start point." When the reporter mentioned that Musk had gone into the cave on Tuesday, Unsworth said he was "asked to leave very quickly. And so he should have been."

The rescue mission, made even more challenging by monsoon season, claimed the life of a Thai Navy seal before all boys were saved last week.

This is not the first time that Musk has clashed with a member of the cave rescue team. As confirmation came in that the last group of boys and their coach had been freed on July 10, the head of the rescue mission, Narongsak Osatanakorn, told reporters that "although technology is good and sophisticated it’s not practical for this mission."

In response, Musk dismissed the credentials of Ostanakorn, who led the joint command center coordinating the operation and is former acting governor of Chiang Rai, the province where the cave is located. In a tweet he said Ostanakorn was "described inaccurately as 'rescue chief'" and "is not the subject matter expert" (the Columbus Dispatch reports that Ostanakorn holds a Master’s degree from Ohio State University, where he studied geodetic engineering and surveying).

Though Musk’s dismissal of Ostanakorn brought him a round of criticism, many still gave him credit for his efforts. After all, engineering a submarine in a few days to save a group of children is an impressive and laudable feat. While Musk is known for going on strange Twitter rants, his attack on Unsworth is an entirely different stratosphere. In addition to defaming Unsworth in a particularly heinous way, the implication that a British diver would only go to Thailand, one of the world’s top diving destinations, for child sex tourism is problematic and arguably racist, as many people have pointed out.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Elon Musk: Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it [View all] , legsdiamond, Mon Jul-16-18 08:45 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
While Elon is an asshole for this, I'm not gonna front
Jul 16th 2018
I look at anytime Musk says he's gonna do something the same way
Jul 16th 2018
Bangkok
Jul 16th 2018
I think we are witnessing our next real life supervillain
Jul 16th 2018
yeah, he's that guy who is cool as shit until he doesn't get his way
Jul 16th 2018
He’s gonna put more kids in a cave, then save them with the sub.
Jul 16th 2018
^^^ i'm only laughing b/c it's hopefully not my kids. dude WILDIN, tho.
Jul 17th 2018
lol
Jul 17th 2018
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13261...
Jul 17th 2018
they gave him busy work
Jul 16th 2018
a good friend recently left Tesla
Jul 16th 2018
Did your friend
Jul 16th 2018
      he was a floor supervisor
Jul 16th 2018
RE: Elon Musk: Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it
Jul 16th 2018
I thought he was going to Bore(c) his way down there
Jul 16th 2018
me too...thought he was on some "MAKE A NEW HOLE!"
Jul 16th 2018
it wasn't though.
Jul 16th 2018
      RE: it wasn't though.
Jul 16th 2018
elon a bitch nigga
Jul 16th 2018
lol that dude is a fraud. and he was BIG MAD if he went with the 'R. Kel...
Jul 16th 2018
lol dude got pissed and forgot twitter isnt 4chan.
Jul 17th 2018
Very Rich People are the worst, read this article and your jaw will drop
Jul 16th 2018
Very dope, Thx
Jul 17th 2018
People finally coming around on him being a POS is so, so great.
Jul 16th 2018
Fuck Elon Musk, but I do think he most likely did some research...
Jul 16th 2018
you have way too much faith in him
Jul 16th 2018
?? You're okay with that?
Jul 16th 2018
well, if you think so
Jul 16th 2018
C’mon yo, he deleted them for a reason
Jul 16th 2018
      He does that all the time though, he got his message across all the same
Jul 16th 2018
           that's a fucking lie.
Jul 16th 2018
           Nigga said I’ll bet you a signed Dollar.
Jul 16th 2018
I swear this dude is Scorpio off The Simpsons
Jul 16th 2018
dude is slowly revealing himself as 'one of them'.
Jul 16th 2018
ain't nothing left to reveal
Jul 17th 2018

Lobby General Discussion topic #13274430 Previous topic | Next topic