Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13242448

Subject: "Releasing a hip-hop project with my 10 y/o son" Previous topic | Next topic
ToeJam
Charter member
2102 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 06:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Releasing a hip-hop project with my 10 y/o son"

What up, fam. I'm releasing my latest project, a collaborative album of songs I've been creating with my son since he was around 2 or 3, and wanted to share it with all the old heads on here that probably got kids by now (or at least all your boys do).

When I became a father and then teacher, I saw how difficult it was to find music that was appropriate for even the littlest ones that wasn't mad cheesy, to no real avail...so I decided to make a rap album for kids AND grownups to enjoy together.

When my son Xavier (Xavi) was born, we would make up songs, beatbox and rap to him through the many routines of parenting...soon Xavi was making up his own songs! The songs started to accumulate - now, together we are releasing a full length album, Play! Hip-Hop for Kids of All Ages.

This is also my first kickstarter campaign. We are working to raise 3K to cover the mastering fees, album production, and video production. If you felt like contributing any amount, it's all love. But check out the stop-motion animated video we made to launch the project!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1805924923/play-hip-hop-for-kids-of-all-ages

Peace,

Toe

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Releasing a hip-hop project with my 10 y/o son [View all] , ToeJam, Tue Mar-13-18 06:22 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Good Stuff, Good Brother.
Mar 13th 2018
Thanks, Fam.
Mar 14th 2018
Congrats fam! Great Minds ><
Mar 14th 2018
Ha, that's dope!
Mar 14th 2018
Thanks to the people from here that donated...
Mar 17th 2018

Lobby General Discussion topic #13242448 Previous topic | Next topic