Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13216805

Subject: "#BlackXmas.. or nah? " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79915 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 10:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"#BlackXmas.. or nah? "
Fri Dec-01-17 10:25 AM by legsdiamond

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23blackxmas&src=typd

https://rickeysmileymorningshow.com/1844898/blm-chapter-promotes-blackxmas-to-counter-white-supremacy/

The Los Angeles branch of the Black Lives Matter collective is promoting a “Black Christmas,” an effort to encourage African Americans to do their holiday shopping at Black-owned businesses as a way to resist White supremacy, Newsweek reported.

The Black Christmas, or #BlackXmas, urges Blacks to divest from White corporations by not spending their money at those businesses from Nov. 24 through New Year’s Day 2018. President Donald Trump is the embodiment of White capitalism. “If you are anti-Trump, you should hold back your resources from him and the like,” the website states. It also encourages the community to donate to Black community-based organizations during the holidays.

SEE ALSO: Here Are More Than 100 Black-Owned Businesses To Support On Cyber Monday, And Forever

In 2016, BLM launched an online interactive map of Black-owned businesses, in partnership with ad agency J. Walter Thompson New York. The Google maps-based directory includes nonprofits and online stores. The vision is for BackingBlackBusiness.com to become the largest most accessible directory of Black-owned businesses. “Black-owned business have long been a staple in the Black community providing jobs, economic security and somewhere for us to go and feel seen and safe,” Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said in a statement. “In these uncertain times, we need these places more than ever.”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

#BlackXmas.. or nah? [View all] , legsdiamond, Fri Dec-01-17 10:23 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Do B.O.B. got My Lil Ponies or nah?
Dec 01st 2017
prolly not... but they got My Little Phonies
Dec 01st 2017
      TRAGIC! lmao... WTF??? Numbers look crooked....
Dec 01st 2017
...I try to avoid sun worship as mush as possible
Dec 01st 2017
My most recent ordeal with a B.O.B......
Dec 01st 2017
customer service has to be on point
Dec 01st 2017
I like the ebay practice when you can see upfront qty available...
Dec 01st 2017
wont ever happen with hand made items
Dec 01st 2017
      What kinda shit she knit?
Dec 01st 2017
You talking about those Black History flash cards?
Dec 01st 2017
      yup.
Dec 01st 2017
           Lol, I figured b/c I ordered some. The experience was decent imo
Dec 01st 2017
                I was hype when I saw them. Great idea
Dec 01st 2017
FTR...I did just order another print from her though...she got nice stuf...
Dec 01st 2017
it seems to boil down to capital
Dec 01st 2017
Yea
Dec 01st 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13216805 Previous topic | Next topic