Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13188134

Subject: "Notorious B.I.G. Documentary Trailer - RS swipe" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Thu Aug-24-17 12:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Notorious B.I.G. Documentary Trailer - RS swipe"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-jay-z-rap-notorious-big-lyrics-in-trailer-for-new-doc-w499332

See Jay-Z, Nas Rap Notorious B.I.G. Lyrics in Documentary Trailer
B.I.G.'s estate sanctioned and helped produce three-hour 'Biggie: The Life of Notorious B.I.G.' about rapper's life and art

An authorized, three-hour documentary about Notorious B.I.G. featuring Jay-Z, Nas and Sean "Diddy" Combs premieres on A&E September 4th.

By Elias Leight

A new documentary on the rapper Notorious B.I.G. is set to air on A&E on September 4th. The three-hour Biggie: The Life of Notorious B.I.G. includes unreleased archival audio of the MC, archival footage and interviews with other New York rappers who became ubiquitous in the 1990s, including Jay-Z, Nas and Sean "Diddy" Combs.

How Biggie's classic second album changed one Midwestern life – and how the politics of 2017 change the way we hear it now
"The foundation of this biography is exclusive archival footage and audio recordings of Biggie himself, packaged in a way that allows him to tell his own life story as if it's present day," Elaine Frontain Bryant, Executive Vice President and Head of Programming for A&E, said in a statement. "We are truly excited to be able to bring that kind of intimacy and connection to his fans."

In a pair of short new trailers for the documentary, famous rappers take turns describing the greatness of the man born Christopher Wallace. "He used words that wasn't typical for the lexicon of hip-hop," Jay-Z says. "His confidence gave so many guys confidence."

"He had more than just rap. He had the look; he had the presence," adds Nas. "He's one of the greatest ever to touch the mic."

"B.I.G. was the greatest artist I ever worked with," Sean Combs declares.

A&E is billing the new documentary as "the first biography to be authorized by Biggie's estate." The rapper's mother, Violetta Wallace, and his widow, Faith Evans, both serve as executive producers on the Mark Ford-directed film.

Biggie: The Life of the Notorious B.I.G. is not the only hip-hop deep-dive A&E aims to release this year: The network is also plotting a six-part series on Tupac Shakur. The release date for Who Shot Tupac? has not yet been announced.

https://youtu.be/wNOY3_Osfto

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lobby General Discussion topic #13188134 Previous topic | Next topic