Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13147592

Subject: "What do *you* do with valuable-ISH you don't need?" Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
18955 posts
Thu Apr-20-17 11:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What do *you* do with valuable-ISH you don't need?"

if something's worth over say $40 bucks I'll sell it on Craigslist - but I'm in a situation now where I got a bunch of shit too small to put on Craigstlist, but not enough to make a trip to the swap meet to sell.

Example items: AppleTV 3rd generation, a Harmony One remote from 2012, a 90GB SSD, 8GB of RAM but that is only 1600MHz, 4GB of old lap top RAM, and iPhone 5 that works but has a screen with bad colors, some $15 Anker wireless earphones, a 1tb internal 2.5" HD, about 100 wires (HDMi, USB, USB3, Displayport wires, S-VHS cables, a USB 3 hub, etc.

Almost any of those on Craigslist might sell, but involve a lot of hassle like lowballs, no-shows, or just dealing with folks for like $5 items.

At the swap meet people would likely not be interested because they are very specific items. Not the general crap people buy on impulse.

On eBay people might bitch about the item when they get it because even with a completely accurate description them fools like to beef and the trip to the post office and the fees aren't going to add up to a lot of money.

What would you do?

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What do *you* do with valuable-ISH you don't need? [View all] , handle, Thu Apr-20-17 11:58 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
give to parents or donate
Apr 21st 2017
You might be able to score a new Harmony remote if you contact
Apr 21st 2017
also try freecycle.org. should be one in your area..
Apr 21st 2017
I have a closet full of electronics I need to do something with.
Apr 21st 2017
freecycle fam. i'm telling you... you can trade on there too
Apr 21st 2017
      I want to trade it for money if possible, not more shit I don't need Hah...
Apr 22nd 2017
Best Buy will take some things
Apr 21st 2017
I got an old ass Apple G5 computer tower
Apr 21st 2017
Just toss or donate that shit
Apr 21st 2017
I took all the advice
Apr 22nd 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13147592 Previous topic | Next topic