Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13144303

Subject: "Talk to your boy about home alarm systems." Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56225 posts
Thu Apr-13-17 10:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Talk to your boy about home alarm systems."

You got one? Who with? What features? I've been thinking about one a lot lately. Not so much for burglars, although I know that can go down anywhere...no matter how nice your neighborhood is, but for fire alerts. Like...there's no one at my house between 8:30a and about 3p. If the house caught on fire, by the time one of my neighbors would notice, the house would be lost and our dog would be dead. I mean, yeah, we have homeowners insurance...but all that comes with losing a home, plus it can't pay for our dog. So, I want one of those jawns where you have a wired-in smoke alarm and it notifies some dude in khakis back at the command center and they can get a hold of the fire dept...which is literally around the corner from our house. Talk to me. Anyone have any experience with SimpliSafe? You order the package you want, set it all up yourself and then pick which monitoring plan you want. Seems simple (no pun intended) enough. No wiring or anything. We're gonna be in Gulf Shores for a week, in June...trying to have something up and running by then.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Talk to your boy about home alarm systems. [View all] , Dstl1, Thu Apr-13-17 10:47 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
We have ADT because we're lazy
Apr 13th 2017
I've been wondering about simplisafe too.
Apr 13th 2017
Nope!!!! Snitches get stitches.
Apr 13th 2017
They can subpoena the Alexa tapes?
Apr 13th 2017
      yup.
Apr 13th 2017
my poor parents...
Apr 13th 2017
Simpli Safe is cool
Apr 13th 2017
Nope. We have a system and a sign but it's not hooked up
Apr 13th 2017
First, list your security priorities, needs and wants.
Apr 13th 2017
Just get one of those ADT yard signs
Apr 13th 2017
How many of you have dealt with a break in?
Apr 13th 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13144303 Previous topic | Next topic