Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13090198

Subject: "Excerpt from Julian Assange interview by John Pilger" Previous topic | Next topic
rawsouthpaw
Charter member
15496 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 12:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Excerpt from Julian Assange interview by John Pilger"

https://www.rt.com/news/365299-assange-pilger-saudi-clinton

Deals some much needed truth and insight into how US imperialism works (for those that don't already know, and from the Sec. of State herself), and presumably will continue to work. Assange also predicts how Tuesday is going to go.

"In the second excerpt from the John Pilger Special, to be exclusively broadcast by RT on Saturday, courtesy of Dartmouth Films, Julian Assange accuses Hillary Clinton of misleading Americans about the true scope of Islamic State’s support from Washington’s Middle East allies.

In a 2014 email made public by Assange’s WikiLeaks last month, Hillary Clinton, who had served as secretary of state until the year before, urges John Podesta, then an advisor to Barack Obama, to “bring pressure” on Qatar and Saudi Arabia, “which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups.”

'I think this is the most significant email in the whole collection,' Assange, whose whistleblowing site released three tranches of Clinton-related emails over the past year, told Pilger.

'All serious analysts know, and even the US government has agreed, that some Saudi figures have been supporting ISIS and funding ISIS, but the dodge has always been that it is some “rogue” princes using their oil money to do whatever they like, but actually the government disapproves. But that email says that it is the government of Saudi Arabia, and the government of Qatar that have been funding ISIS.'”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Excerpt from Julian Assange interview by John Pilger [View all] , rawsouthpaw, Fri Nov-04-16 12:51 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
It's rough reading RT and Wikileaks now
Nov 04th 2016
Since we don't want Trump to win Wiki looks like the enemy
Nov 04th 2016
      i wonder if Trump was the Dem/Nom.. VS Ted Cruz.....
Nov 04th 2016
           Dems will always hold their nose and vote
Nov 04th 2016
           all being the same except almost everything?
Nov 05th 2016
The media/spin wars are on 1,000 right now.
Nov 04th 2016
Speaking of the government of Qatar's funding moves
Nov 05th 2016
I *really* don't understand the hand wringing.
Nov 05th 2016
whole interview here!
Nov 05th 2016
Is it me, or do all of these emails show Hillary to be a good leader
Nov 05th 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #13090198 Previous topic | Next topic