Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13087599

Subject: "Remember the Oregon standoff? Yep, you guessed it..." Previous topic | Next topic
Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Thu Oct-27-16 08:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Remember the Oregon standoff? Yep, you guessed it..."

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/oregon_standoff_verdicts_annou.html

Jury finds all Oregon standoff defendants not guilty of federal conspiracy, gun charges

A federal jury on Thursday found Ammon Bundy, his brother Ryan Bundy and five co-defendants not guilty of conspiring to prevent federal employees from doing their jobs through intimidation, threat or force during the 41-day occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

The Bundy brothers and occupiers Jeff Banta and David Fry also were found not guilty of having guns in a federal facility. Kenneth Medenbach was found not guilty of stealing government property, and a hung jury was declared on Ryan Bundy's charge of theft of FBI surveillance cameras.

"Stunning,'' said defense lawyer Lisa Ludwig, who was standby counsel for Ryan Bundy.

"I'm just thrilled,'' said Neil Wampler's attorney Lisa Maxfield.

The jury of nine women and three men returned the verdicts after five hours of deliberations on Thursday in the high-profile case that riveted the state and drew national and international attention to the federal bird sanctuary in rural eastern Oregon.

Each defendant stood separately, facing the jury, as the judge read the verdicts. Ammon Bundy, his hands clasped behind his back, nodded as the "not guilty'' verdicts were read for him first. As he sat, he smiled and rubbed the shoulder of his lawyer, Marcus Mumford.

His older brother Ryan Bundy stood. As his "not guilty'' verdicts were read, he nodded, and mouthed to the jury, "Thank you.'' Defendant Neil Wampler hugged and kissed his defense lawyer, Maxfield.

The coda to the stunning verdict, undoubtedly a significant blow to federal prosecutors, was when Ammon Bundy's lawyer Marcus Mumford argued that his client, dressed in a gray suit and white dress shirt, should be allowed to walk out of the court, a free man.

U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown told him that there was a U.S. Marshal's hold on him from a pending federal indictment in Nevada.

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Remember the Oregon standoff? Yep, you guessed it... [View all] , Selassie I God, Thu Oct-27-16 08:16 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I just want to see the jury
Oct 27th 2016
here ya go:
Oct 27th 2016
I know one thing
Oct 27th 2016
more like this
Oct 27th 2016
      LOL
Oct 28th 2016
I want to see the cross section opinion on Kaepernick
Oct 27th 2016
wtf?
Oct 28th 2016
dude, I'm not a lawyer...nor do I play one on T.V....
Oct 28th 2016
      apparently dude was on the stand testifying about gov't interference
Oct 28th 2016
           It seemed there was some truth to the interference in regard to the land
Oct 28th 2016
i guess jury nullification isn't just on tv.
Oct 28th 2016
the jurors said the prosecution didn't prove intent. (link/partial swipe...
Oct 28th 2016
So what is conspiracy?
Oct 28th 2016
don't even have to guess who they're voting for
Oct 28th 2016
honestly, can't even judge without hearing the jury instructions.
Oct 28th 2016
Prosecution didn't prove the militiamen intentionally conspired to
Oct 28th 2016
      Is this why we can't PROVE that Donal Trump is racist?
Oct 28th 2016
           'we all KNOW they're guilty. So just convict them.'
Oct 28th 2016
                FOH
Oct 28th 2016
                     Are you gonna be okay?
Oct 28th 2016
juror 4 must be insufferable in real life
Oct 28th 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #13087599 Previous topic | Next topic