Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13072161

Subject: "Petition to Include Dr. Bernie Worrell in The Smithsonian's P-Funk Exhib..." Previous topic | Next topic
vibemosphere
Member since Apr 26th 2007
86 posts
Wed Sep-21-16 11:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Petition to Include Dr. Bernie Worrell in The Smithsonian's P-Funk Exhib..."

Please sign and spread the word:

https://www.change.org/p/smithsonian-include-bernie-worrell-in-the-smithsonian-p-funk-exhibit

It has been unfortunate to discover that the Smithsonian's new exhibit displaying the famous "Mothership" does not include a feature section to the great Dr. G. Bernard Worrell, Jr., who had just recently lost his battle with cancer.

Even Bootsy has spoken out in support of including Bernie.

While it's a fantastic thing for the museum to honor this iconic group and their contribution to music and African American culture, focusing only on Bootsy Collins and George Clinton is ignoring one of the chief architects and musical director for the band, Dr. G. Bernard Worrell, Jr.

We are asking that Bernie be given the proper credit for his contributions and not allow them to be erased from time. His widow has graciously offered to donate a costume from a P-Funk tour.

Please take the time to sign and share this petition.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Petition to Include Dr. Bernie Worrell in The Smithsonian's P-Funk Exhib... [View all] , vibemosphere, Wed Sep-21-16 11:56 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
how in the hell are they gonna have a P-Funk exhibit w/o him??
Sep 21st 2016
zackly
Sep 21st 2016
ALL of the key P Funk joints are written by Clinton/Collins/Worrell!!!!
Sep 21st 2016
RE: zackly
Sep 21st 2016
      I'm not here for your #facts!!
Sep 22nd 2016
yeah, I don't get it
Sep 21st 2016
      RE: yeah, I don't get it
Sep 21st 2016
i signed. that museum = hottest club in dc tho
Sep 23rd 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #13072161 Previous topic | Next topic